Prescription Tillage Technology LLC (PTT) was founded in 2013 with the core principle of being a company of Integrity. Integrity: a concept of consistency of actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations, and outcomes.
While a young company, PTT’s owners have been actively involved in agricultural production all their lives. Those that grow up farming understand and see on a daily basis that there are always problems to be solved around the farm. It takes innovation, determination and hard work to solve those problems. Richard Christie, the inventor of the Saber Tooth Insert (STI) Blade is such a person. Being involved in agronomic groups and the associated testing and learning which comes from it has lead Richard to design and build many specific tools for his own operation.
The STI Blade came from necessity. When Richard developed and built his own unique strip-till machine it was lacking, from an agronomic point of view. He designed a coulter which would actually cut residue without pushing or hair pinning.
After more than 5 years of design and experimentation the end result was the STI Blade. The project was started with the intent to only use the design within Richard’s own operation. However, it was apparent that the innovation was so profound that all of agriculture could benefit from this technology. Therefore, PTT was formed to take this product to market. The STI Blade is just the first in a line of products that PTT will be producing based on science and agronomic principles. We will change the way you think about ground engaged agricultural tools.
We thank you for your interest in our company and products.
FEATURED PRODUCTS FOR 2017-2018
• STI: Coulter and Tillage Blades with our Standard Tooth design.
• STIR: Coulter and Tillage Blades with our Rock Tooth design to stand up to the rigors of farming in rocks.
• STIM: Coulter and Tillage Blades with Multiple Inserts for aggressive mulching action in vertical tillage applications.
• STIRM: Coulter and Tillage Blades with our Rock Tooth design and Multiple Inserts for aggressive mulching action in vertical tillage applications where rocks are present.
• STP: Planter Disk Openers with our unique tooth design to eliminate the need for leading no-till coulters and to facilitate closing of the seed trench.
• STPI: No-Till coulter for extreme residue and seeding conditions with multiple insert designs and configurations.
• STC: Concave Tillage Blades with our Sabre Tooth design with multiple concavity’s and hub patterns to fit your equipment and tillage needs.
• STRC: Concave Tillage Blades with our Rock tooth design to hold up in extreme soil conditions with multiple concavity’s and hub patterns to fit your equipment and tillage needs.